We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
I have loved animals all my life and spent a lot of time on my grandparent’s farm. In high school, I had to decide between law and becoming a veterinarian and chose law. I graduated from Cambrian College as a Correctional Officer and somehow, I gravitated towards becoming an Animal Control Officer, which I thought was great since I would be working with dogs and cats to then becoming a pet groomer. It doesn’t end there of course, from the pet groomer I was then given an opportunity the be a receptionist at a vet clinic to where I am now.
I joined Baxter Animal Hospital in 1998 one year after the clinic opened. I would have to say the people interest me the most. I love to talk to clients about their pets and share stories with them whether it is pet related or not. What I love most about my job is that every day is different, from puppy and kitten appointments to sick patients to chatting with clients picking food for their pets. My favourite thing about the clinic is that I have a second place I call home.
Fun fact about myself is that I love to read, especially books on vampires. I can be bribed with chocolate covered almonds. My first pet was a female calico cat name Minoune and my first dog was a beagle mix female and her name was Princess.
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
Last updated: Thursday, May 28, 2020
1. We are currently operating a "closed waiting room" policy to protect our clients and staff. Our door will be locked. Please call the number posted on the front door when you arrive and one of our Registered Veterinary Technicians will come to take the history and collect your pet. Our veterinarian will contact you by phone to discuss your pet's health before you leave.
2. We can now see all cases by appointment only.
3. We are still OPEN with the following hours: Monday - Tuesday: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm Wednesday - Thursday: 8:00 am - 8:00 pm Friday: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm.
4. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 5-7 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us ahead of time to ensure we have what you need and can have it prepared before your arrival. You can also use our online store and have your food delivered directly to your home. To sign up for the Online Store, please visit our website.
5. For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. Credit cards and debit card payments are still available.
Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our jobs. We have taken these measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this disease.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid, and any updates will be provided as changes occur.