We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
Welcome to Baxter Animal Hospital in Sudbury, Ontario
Baxter Animal Hospital is a companion animal veterinary clinic that has been serving the Sudbury, Ontario area for over 15 years. We are committed to providing the highest quality of pet care throughout the life of your dog and cat. Our staff focuses on preventative medicine for your new puppy and kitten, including neuter and spay surgery, routine vaccinations, and flea and heartworm prevention. Our veterinarians provide early detection and treatment of disease as your pet ages; as well as surgical and long term care to help your loved one stay healthy for a lifetime.
Baxter Animal Hospital is also accredited by the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) since 2008. As an AAHA-accredited hospital, we are recognized among the finest in the industry and are consistently at the forefront of advanced veterinary medicine. Approximately 12-15% of veterinary hospitals throughout the U.S. and Canada are accredited by AAHA so you can rest assured that your four-legged family member is in good hands.
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
Last updated: Thursday, May 28, 2020
1. We are currently operating a "closed waiting room" policy to protect our clients and staff. Our door will be locked. Please call the number posted on the front door when you arrive and one of our Registered Veterinary Technicians will come to take the history and collect your pet. Our veterinarian will contact you by phone to discuss your pet's health before you leave.
2. We can now see all cases by appointment only.
3. We are still OPEN with the following hours: Monday - Tuesday: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm Wednesday - Thursday: 8:00 am - 8:00 pm Friday: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm.
4. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 5-7 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us ahead of time to ensure we have what you need and can have it prepared before your arrival. You can also use our online store and have your food delivered directly to your home. To sign up for the Online Store, please visit our website.
5. For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. Credit cards and debit card payments are still available.
Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our jobs. We have taken these measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this disease.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid, and any updates will be provided as changes occur.