As your dog or cat gets older, he/she may develop changes in behavior. These behaviour changes can be indicators of medical problems or other causes of concern. Because you are your pet’s main caregiver, you will be able to recognize these changes from the norm.
Here is a list of possible behaviour changes in older pets:
- Increased reaction to sound or sound sensitivities
- Increased vocalization
- Decreased interaction with humans
- Increased irritability
- Decreased response to commands
- Increased aggressive/guarding behavior
- Increased anxiety
- House soiling
- Decreased self-hygiene/grooming
- Repetitive Activity
- Increased wandering
- Change in Sleep Cycles
Please contact your veterinarian if you have noticed any changes in your pet’s behaviour as he/she may have a medical condition that we can help with.