We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
When I was twelve, I had actually decided that I wanted to be an auto-mechanic. I did a high school co-op at a shop and decided that it was not the career path for me. My backup plan was always to do something with animals and at one point, I decided that I wanted to and SPCA Officer. I then attended an agricultural fair at my high school and there were a few colleges that were showcasing their veterinary technician program. After doing a little more research, I decided that this is the career path that I wanted to pursue. I attended the veterinary technician program at the University of Guelph, Alfred Campus, where I graduated in December 2012.
While I was on my summer break from school, I came to Baxter Animal Hospital to do a day of job shadowing, as I was looking for an animal hospital to do my placement with. After only spending one day here, I knew this is where I wanted to work! Being able to experience the level of care that the entire team showcases and the fact that it was such a positive work environment made it all that much clearer to me that this is where I wanted to be! I was fortunate enough to join the team in May 2015.
I am very interested in dentistry! My short-term career goal is to pursue a dental certification program, and a long-term career goal is to pursue a veterinary technician specialty in dentistry. What I love most about my job is being able to combine animals (which I love) and the medical field (which I also love) in one great package. It's always a great feeling when you get to pursue your passion! My favourite thing about the clinic is the positive work environment and the amazing team that I get to work with every day! I am very fortunate to get to work with such an amazing group of individuals, they're like a second family!
Fun fact about me is that I have very long hair! Most people wouldn't know, because it's always up in a bun! I also love to cook, bake and I am very crafty! One of my nicknames at work is "Martha Stewart!" Also, my first pet was a hamster named Roxy.
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
Last updated: Thursday, May 28, 2020
1. We are currently operating a "closed waiting room" policy to protect our clients and staff. Our door will be locked. Please call the number posted on the front door when you arrive and one of our Registered Veterinary Technicians will come to take the history and collect your pet. Our veterinarian will contact you by phone to discuss your pet's health before you leave.
2. We can now see all cases by appointment only.
3. We are still OPEN with the following hours: Monday - Tuesday: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm Wednesday - Thursday: 8:00 am - 8:00 pm Friday: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm.
4. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 5-7 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us ahead of time to ensure we have what you need and can have it prepared before your arrival. You can also use our online store and have your food delivered directly to your home. To sign up for the Online Store, please visit our website.
5. For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. Credit cards and debit card payments are still available.
Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our jobs. We have taken these measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this disease.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid, and any updates will be provided as changes occur.