We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
Allergic Skin Disease is one of the most frustrating conditions to treat in veterinary medicine. You may be asking yourself, “how can skin infections be that hard to treat?”. Well, there are many different allergens that can cause a flare up in your dogs skin. For example: your dog may have food sensitivities, may be allergic to things in the environment such as pollen or grass, may have sensitivities to shampoos, and may also be sensitive to flea bites and/or insect bites.
It may be difficult for your veterinarian to fully determine what allergen may be affecting your dog. This is why we may require multiple visits and combination therapies such as antibiotics, steroids, antihistamines, limited ingredient foods, medicated shampoos, and parasite prevention.
It is very important to understand that Allergic Skin Disease is not curable, but maintainable. It is also important to follow the veterinarians prescribed plan of action for your dog and also to communicate/ update the veterinary team about your dogs condition, in terms of weather of not there is any progress.
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
The following changes are effective as of Wednesday, March 18, 2020:
1. We are currently operating a "closed waiting room" policy to protect our clients and staff. Our inside door will be locked. You can come into the vestibule and we will let you in when you get here or you can call us at 705-674-9191 upon arrival for your appointment or pick up. We ask that only one person bring your pet into the hospital for an examination with the veterinarian.
2. We are continuing to accept regular appointments so please call ahead to book a time.
3. We are still OPEN with the following hours: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday: 10 am - 6 pm Wednesday: 12 pm - 8 pm Friday: 9 am - 5 pm Saturday & Sunday: Closed
4. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 3-5 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us ahead of time to ensure we have what you need and can have it prepared before your arrival. You can also use our online store and have your food delivered directly to your home. To sign up for the Online Store, please visit our website.
5. For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. Credit cards and debit card payments are still available.
Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our jobs. We have taken these measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this disease.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid, and any updates will be provided as changes occur.