We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
When your cat has trouble urinating, owners need to intervene as soon as possible. It needs to be treated as a life-threatening emergency. It is more so an issue with male cats due to their urethra being so narrow. The following signs can be observed at home:
straining in the litter box, going in and out of the litter box on repeated occasions
urinating outside the litter box.
licking at genitalia
refusing to eat +/- vomiting
When your cat is examined, and the bladder is completely plugged, our primary objective is to open the urethra again. It will relieve the accumulated urine and flush toxins that have been trapped in the body.
Once your cat has stabilized, a urinary diet should be implemented right away to reduce the risk of re-occurrence.
If you’re looking to learn more about this unique medical emergency, please reach out to us. We’re always happy to help and educate our clients!
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
Last updated: Thursday, May 28, 2020
1. We are currently operating a "closed waiting room" policy to protect our clients and staff. Our door will be locked. Please call the number posted on the front door when you arrive and one of our Registered Veterinary Technicians will come to take the history and collect your pet. Our veterinarian will contact you by phone to discuss your pet's health before you leave.
2. We can now see all cases by appointment only.
3. We are still OPEN with the following hours: Monday - Tuesday: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm Wednesday - Thursday: 8:00 am - 8:00 pm Friday: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm.
4. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 5-7 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us ahead of time to ensure we have what you need and can have it prepared before your arrival. You can also use our online store and have your food delivered directly to your home. To sign up for the Online Store, please visit our website.
5. For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. Credit cards and debit card payments are still available.
Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our jobs. We have taken these measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this disease.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid, and any updates will be provided as changes occur.